Thank you for your interest in Rebuilding Together Seattle! We are proud to serve the neighbors in our communities who need help keeping their homes safe and healthy. Before applying, please read our applicant criteria below. If you have a question that is not answered here, please call our office at 206-682-1231.
You must be a homeowner and use your home as your primary residence
You must live in our coverage area that spans Everett to SeaTac, along the I-5 corridor. We also serve parts of Renton.
You must be low-income, as determined by the number of people residing in your home in accordance with the HUD guideline for the Seattle Metro Area (please review our income guidelines below)
You must be unable to complete the work on your own
You must plan on living in your home for at least the next 3 years
If you are a senior (65+), person with a disability, and or a family with children under 18, your household must have a combined annual income less than:
- If you are a current or former US military member or their living spouse, your household must have a combined annual income less than:
- Wheelchair ramps and other accessibility improvements
- Installation of grab bars to improve safety
- Plumbing and electrical work
- Flooring repair or replacement
- Painting, interior and exterior
- Window repair or replacement
- Clutter removal
- Yard clean-up
Typically Excluded Repairs
- Major roof work, including replacements
- Major plumbing or sewer line repair
- Major electrical work, including rewiring
- Foundation repairs
- Cosmetic repairs or non mission-focused improvements
- Emergency repairs*
How to Apply
We know that asking for help can be difficult, so it is our goal to make the application process as easy as possible. Here is a step by step guide to what you can expect as a homeowner applying for help through Rebuilding Together Seattle.
- To download an application you can print at home, please click here. If you would like an application mailed to you or need assistance filling it out, please contact our office at 206-682-1231.
- Fill out the application completely, including all pages and supporting documents
- Your most recent tax return and/or benefit statements or other income verification
- Your homeowner's insurance policy cover page
- Initial and sign the last page of the application and return it to our office along with the supporting documents.
- Once we receive your application, our staff will contact you in 1-2 weeks to set up a time to preview the repairs your requested
- After this initial site preview is completed, you will receive a letter notifying you whether you have been approved for our programs
- If you have been approved, we will then begin finding the volunteer group and funding to complete your project
- This process can take some time depending on the number and type of repairs that are requested, up to a year in some cases
- We cannot provide emergency repairs*
If you have questions about the application process or aren't sure of your application status, please call our office at 206-682-1231.
For homeowners living in Pierce County, Federal Way, or Auburn, please contact Rebuilding Together South Sound at 253-238-0977. If you're outside this area, please visit the Rebuilding Together National website to find another Rebuilding Together affiliate closer to you.
*If you are in need of emergency repairs, we recommend contacting the King County Housing Repair Program for their emergency grants program*